Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A Day In Red Rock Canyon, NV

I had an opportunity to take my camera along on our recent trip to Las Vegas to attend the West Coast Art and Framing Show.  I took a landscape photography and printing class taught by Hal Schmitt of LIGHT Photographic Workshops.  About 30 participants took the short trip out to Red Rock Canyon and we were surprised to have some beautiful clouds to add to the interest of the rugged landscape.



I took lots of pictures that morning but shot a quick panorama of this vista, stitched it together when I got home and sent it back to Hal to show him what I had done.  He liked it and said with my permission he would like to enter it into the photo contest that Canon was sponsoring for the show.  I just got the call today that my image was selected as the winner! I will be receiving a new Canon Pixma ink jet printer!  Isn't it fun to win at anything?
Thanks Hal for the opportunity to get out and shoot!

No comments:

South Hill Gallery, Ltd.

South Hill Gallery, Ltd.
Art and Custom Framing since 1977